Thursday, November 26, 2020

I Do Feel So Loved

It's a glorious world full of glorious wonders. But the most wonderful of them are the five people who have welcomed me into their lives and hearts and given me a reality to hold onto that is both solid and beautiful.

And all you people out there, reading this now, should know that you can have this feeling too. Not just because I love you and care about you even though we've never met ... but because the love I and my poly-family have, above and beyond just being within your reach, is already within you. You just have to look in the mirror and accept that the person you see is deserving of your love. And then you just have to apply that love. Not in a delusional way -- not as an escape from reality that pretends to give you something you do not have. But with an acknowledgment that you are larger than you normally consider yourself, more able to give of yourself and to yourself, and able to weather all storms by virtue of having your own support.

I have confidence in you. Be well, and commit to adoring yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atavism

I become a beast beneath you, insensate in the clutch of drives that leapt and spawned on the shores of some longago primordial stew, its wa...